Community Clothing Swap
Sunday, May 19, 2013
Join us for a Community Clothing Swap. Enjoy the vibe of a vintage clothing store while shopping for that unique find and treasure! Open to men, women, youth and children.
Clothing Drop-off: Donations of clothing can be made at Welcome Desk in the Young Welcome Centre.
Thursday, May 16 & Friday, May 17 9:30am–4:30pm,
Saturday, May 18 8:30am–3:30pm
Sunday, May 19 9–10:30am
Shop ’n Swap: 11am–1pm
Cost: $3 per person
Clothing swaps are a fun way to participate in eco-friendly and socially conscious clothing consumption! You'll be shopping sustainably with like-minded folk, having fun, scoring some fabulous finds all while your own pre-loved items will get a new lease on life.
Here are a few simple guidelines to keep the swap running smoothly:
- You can bring clothing (except underwear), scarves, belts, gloves, shoes, bags, handbags, hats, ties, coats and other fashion accessories to swap.
- Each item dropped off will be considered to have a value of 1 token. You will be given 1 token for each item you bring, for a maximum of 12 pieces.
- Any additional items you want to take home will be $1.
- Clothing must be clean, in good condition (free of rips and stains) with buttons and zippers intact.
- If we feel the item is unsuitable, we may not be able to include it in the swap.
- Keep in mind that all swaps are final.
Proceeds of this event will go towards further community events at Evergreen Brick Works. At the end of the swap, all extra clothing will be given to charity.